Vitamin E oil has so many benefits; you may want to consider applying it all the time. You can use it to reduce those leftover summer brown spots, diminish wrinkles, remove makeup, hydrate cuticles and heal scars.
- Vitamin E is a fat-soluble antioxidant that is essential for the maintenance of healthy skin. It’s been called “the protector” because it reduces wrinkles by blocking free radicals and oxidative stress.
- Apply vitamin E oil and sunscreen before going into the sun and your skin will be less red, swollen, and dry. That’s because vitamin E can absorb the energy from ultraviolet (UV) light and prevent UV-induced free radical damage to skin.
- Free radicals can prevent scars from healing. Vitamin E oil will help to repair and improve the appearance of the damaged tissue. You can also swap it in place of skin-brightening creams.
- Massage vitamin E oil on your lips and cuticles to prevent and soothe chapped skin.
- Vitamin E is an anti-inflammatory agent in the skin, which can reduce inflammation from sunburn as well as calm and hydrate sensitive skin. Vitamin E oil quenches dryness by helping skin retain its natural moisturizers.
- Topical application of vitamin E reduces pollution-related free radical damage. In one study, it significantly reduced the number of unstable molecules created after exposure to cigarette smoke.
- Studies suggest that topical vitamin E, particularly alpha tocopherol cream (a form of vitamin E), decreases skin roughness, length of facial lines, and wrinkle depth.
- To remove makeup, dip a cotton ball in vitamin E oil and gently wipe your face. Vitamin E oil is a good choice because it’s gentle, fragrance-free and safe.
- Vitamin E oil can be thick and greasy, so it’s best used before bedtime, possibly in place of a night cream or moisturizer. Avoid if you have oily skin. Oil attracts bacteria, dirt, and stimulates production of more oil, which can cause skin dryness and accelerate the development of wrinkles.
Make vitamin oil a part of your beauty regimen. Just like a best friend, it will take really good care of you!